Opportunities and Gifts

on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What if you were offered a chance to go back and relive a part of your life again? Would you do it? I think everyone has had that special year or magic summer that they wish they could stay in forever. I know i've had my share of good times for sure....The problem is, those events are usually fleeting. Times/seasons/people/situations/emotions change and life goes on. Sometimes there's not a way to gain that back. Some people spend their entire lives chasing after the one thing they feel like they don't have that is going to make them happy. They exhaust their resources and squander opportunities to try and get something that wasn't even theirs to begin with. None of us can possess the beauty this world holds. As much as we try to ignore it, we have little or no control over the world around us. Things happen, good and bad, and the world keeps on turning. That's where God comes in.Believers have a firm knowledge that this life is unpredictable and that focusing on the things you can't control is futile. We constantly forget this though. We feel like we're smart enough and self-sufficient enough to make things work on our own terms.Then God shows up.He's proven me wrong time and time again when I have tried to do what I wanted to do. I might as well let go of the things I can't control and just enjoy what is around me. People spend so much time depressed and upset about their lives, not realizing they're burning precious moments of their life away. Moments they could have used to be a beacon of strength for others and elevating God's Kingdom. EVERY DAY ON THIS PLANET IS A GIFT. The people who share it with you, the experiences, just the fact that you can get up in the morning is a blessing. We should all strive to see it that way...Recently I have had my past resurrected in front of me, and while it is tempting to try and recreate something I can never get back, I can do something better. I can start fresh, do things differently, with the years of knowledge as a resource. I have the opportunity to gain something I never could have imagined before, if i let God work and trust in him that His will is in my best interest. So don't look backward and focus on the things in your life that are out of your hands. Put your trust in God's hands and look towards the future, your very happiness could be at stake....

0 comments:

Post a Comment